Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scrap Copper prices

In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

3m of 22mm pipe was removed from the external wall of a house I was
working
at just before Christmas.

It had become a big problem just before the copper price crashed
at the beginning of the recession, and will surely return again.
Actually, I don't think such an installation should be permitted
in copper.

Options?

Route the pipework inside, or
use pipework which is strong enough to resist vandalism and not worth
nicking, such as iorn, attached strongly enough to prevent yanking off, or
route copper outside only where it's well out of reach or the location
physically secured against public access.

Maybe use of auto-shutoff valves where pipework is located outside.
(They're commonly used in France, but I think they require increasing
the gas pressure by 1-2 mBar.)

--
Andrew Gabriel