Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default ornamental mill

On 1/21/2010 8:04 PM, bumhead wrote:
Built their own in various sizes???????
Would love to see some plans and maybe try to build one.
The cost of these from Legacy woodworking is way over my budget.
I'm just an amateur and woodworking is my hobby, not my vocation.

Back before I built this CNC joinery machine I posted the final drawings
to a.b.p.w

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/JBot/

The body (chassis?) of the machine is baltic birch, and the step size is
1/4800" (~0.0002"/0.005mm) - good enough to allow deciding /how/ tight
you want parts to fit together...

It can be fun (and hugely satisfying) to design and build a machine for
exactly the kind of work you like to do.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar