Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Scrap Copper prices

On 22 Jan, 18:10, Dave Osborne wrote:

Be advised that if you fancy weighing in your copper cables and you
notice that copper wire is £3800/tonne whereas 45% insulated cable is
"only" £1200/tonne don't be tempted to put your cable on the bonfire to
burn the insulation off. It's illegal[1][2] to do so

Mr.Pikey and his many inbred relatives break into building sites and
burn the cable reels on site. They return later and collect the metal;
less weight for him to move in his unregistered Transit. I don't think
the release of hazardous toxins is high up on his list of priorities.
I don't think the council jobsworths bother them much, too busy
inspecting builders' vans for illicitly transported waste or handing
out littering tickets to schoolkids. Where's Tony Martin when you need
him?