Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to stop entry door leaks?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:25:47 +0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

Despite all my efforts, water is still coming in somewhere (showing up as
a small leak on the subfloor right in front of the door jamb, centered on
the door opening). At first I thought it was water dripping off the
bottom of the door when the door was opened, but my in-laws confirmed it
shows up even when the door has been closed all night.

Does this door have a transom window above and/or side lights at the
door? Water can travel, even along an outside light that needs a
little caulk around the edge trim.

A picture of your trouble spots, perhaps?

Post @ http://tinypic.com/