Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Suggestion for Joiner?

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:37:24 -0800 (PST), the infamous
" scrawled the following:

On Jan 21, 5:30*pm, "Joe" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

I guess you mean biscuit or plate Joiner. I have a Dewalt. It looks
nice but I don't like it. Really stiff, noisey and just sounds bad
like grinding metal. I've almost sold it a time or two via craigs or
eBay but feel guilty. I use it so infrequently that I just keep
keeping it.

I'll second this. *First time I cranked it up, I thought it was broken, it
was grinding so much. *The thing that bothers me most is that since I use it
lefthanded, the motor fan blows the sawdust up, directly into my face. *That
being said, the only step ups I would consider would be a Lamelo ($$$WOW$$$)
or a Festool Domino. *If I went the domino route, I doubt I'd even get rid
of the DeWalt since they are different animals.

Same with my PC. It sounds like a coffee grinder full of 1/4-20
nuts. For the $230 I spent on it, I'm certainly not impressed with
either the quality of the machine or its operation.

Hey, that's what my $24 HF bisquicker sounds like. I should throw some
thrust washers in there to take up the slack. If I let off the
throttle while the cutter is engaged, it makes a wider slot and the
biscuits don't fit as well.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.