Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Show Me Your TS Cross Cut Sled

On Jan 20, 8:22*am, "StephenM" wrote:
So, show me yours.

It's a sheet of 1/2 melamine about 2x3' with two runners.
What have you done that works well.

Photos athttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/CrosscutSled/
--
Morris Dovey

First, I think melamine is a mistake. You want the top side to be grippy,
not slippy. melamine also offers a low strenght to weight ratio. *I used a
(full) 1/4" plywood product and tt has served me well. Not sure what it's
called but it's a 5 or 7-ply floor underlayment product that goes for a
about $20 for a 4x5 sheet. Sand an wax the bottom for "sliption"

1/2" birch ply, finished with a ragged-on linseed oil / poly
varnish / paint thinner mix and waxed. I can slide parts
around very easily, but they stay in place with just a
slight downward push. Looks pretty, too.