Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Upright wood bandsaw

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:05:35 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

Any of you guys use one for cutting metal ... and admit to it?

Yes..they cut aluminum very well. And they also do a damned fine job
when butchering deer and pigs. One should wipe off the blade and run it
a bit before cutting meat, and of course afterwards.

I've got one that has done a fantastic job for custom wood parts, flooring,
etc. I was wondering if it would be a stupid idea to pick up some bi metal
blades for some metal cutting that might be easier than some other tools?

I guess my biggest concern might be driving metal particles into the bicycle
tire on the pulleys and messing them up.

If you only cut aluminum, any that stick in the rubber..and its pretty
damned tough stuff...will simply get bent over and not bother things.
Even metal cutting bandsaws have rubber tires.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474