Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Repackaging Wingers

wrote:
On Jan 22, 1:53 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Thanks. Were you a civics teacher? g It's called a propaganda machine; the
ideas pressed with the most money win.

--
Ed Huntress

No, but I took civics, did you? g You just have no faith in the
public.

So you think that Obama should have accepted campaign limits? You
think that Obama won because he raised the most money? So you are
against the free market place of ideas? So you want censorship?

Dan

I think the point is that advertising works. Why else would companies
spend so much money on it? They know it works. So does propaganda, which
is why governments use it. The only thing you can have faith about the
public is that they don't know what they are doing and they change their
minds every other day. A good example of this distrust of the public is
the Founding Fathers themselves who had a great fear of the "mob", which
is what they called the public. That's why they did not allow public
election of senators or allow anyone but property owners to vote. They
distrusted the public as does anyone who understands the fickleness and
unpredictability of it. Ed is right, follow the money. In almost every
case the side with the most money prevails. Except of course, when you
are talking about electing women to office. Americans are still
reluctant to elect women to high office. They passed on Hillary for
president and they just passed on Coakley for the senate. Don't
underestimate the gender factor in the outcome of some of these
elections. Women still have a hard time getting elected despite money
advantages. Women make up over half the public but how many of them are
senators? That's the public at work. Even other women would rather vote
for a man. I don't trust the public and I don't trust a jury either. The
old saying, the masses are asses, has a lot of truth. I for one am real
glad we don't have the public calling the shots. We'd be even worse off
than we are now.

Hawke