Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Repackaging Wingers

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:28:14 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Von" wrote in message
.. .
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

I guess I just don't understand why unions and corporations have all
the rights as people and it seems more. Where is it in the
Constitution that gives them this right? Not being a constitutional
scolar I would really like to know what the rational is for this.

It's a debatable point, which is why we got a 5:4 decision. An "originalist"
(conservative) would say they have the right under the 1st Amendment. A
normal person would say that treating corporations or unions as "people" is
absurd. The legal "person" status of corporations was established solely to
limit their liability, to make it easier for them to attract investors.
Originally, it was a strictly commercial decision.

So when a company gets prosecuted for causing one or more deaths, can the
company be shut down for 25-to-life?

Mark Rand
RTFM