Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Refrigerator problem - again!

On Jan 22, 6:21*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
For the second time in four months I had to have service on my new
refrigerator (under warranty). *This is a low end Whirlpool with top
freezer. *There is only one temperature control. *The freezer was at
minus 30 degrees F while the refrigerator section was at 50 degrees.
The problem was ice build up in the freezer drainage area that blocked
the cold air from going to the lower section. *The service man said
there was nothing wrong with the unit. *I noticed that the temp control
was set a bit too low so after things were stabilized, the temp in the
lower section was 30. *I think this might have caused the ice build up
so I reset it. *What is the recommended temp for the refrigerator
section? *35? *38? *40? *

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

Im just guessing but maybe something is wrong with its defrost cycle
or its drain tube system, -10 deep freeze and around 40 sounds normal.
I bet the repairman did about zero and didnt care, does it frost up
anywhere inside, I think there are electric heating elements around
the deep freeze run on a timer to defrost it. In summer with high
humidity and opening the door alot is when I would think ice would
happen, maybe you got a lemon or some leftover chinese food behind the
panel.