Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - Government Inspired Fuel Cans + PIA

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:51:16 -0500, the infamous Keith Nuttle
scrawled the following:

On 1/21/2010 8:33 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:25:28 -0500, the infamous
(Jerry - OHIO) scrawled the following:

I hacked the end of mine off and baught a tranny funnel .No more ****ing
around.

What, it wasn't happy just being a male funnel?

/rimshot

I wish the people who developed these standards had to use the equipment
that the standards apply for a month before the standards become official.

That would yield a whole lot better-thought-out tools for us, wouldn't
it? sigh

I wonder who owns the patients for these devices that are being
required, or who the person that has the patient owns.

My favorite gas can nozzle will shoot liquid gasoline out the air vent
about 6' when it's overfilled. And if it's filled when cold, it will
leak over a cup's worth as it warms up from the same reason,
overfilling. (Who here has never accidentally overfilled a can?) Why
weren't the bloody things recalled? They're downright dangerous.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.