Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Moved the thread about senior care

On 22 Jan 2010 01:28:29 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 21 Jan 2010 11:23:49 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:13:05 -0600, the infamous Jim in Milwaukee
scrawled the following:

Would appreciate it if you would send me a copy. e-mail addy:
lujinatsbcglobal.net

Thanks much,

Done, files to Jim and Basilisk.

The file was found by google:
Search term:"Your Life, Your Choices"

http://stevebuyer.house.gov/Uploaded...ur_choices.pdf

Oh, good. The gov't, in their infinite wisdom, saw fit to remove it
from their VA website and the VHA sites.

Now, does anyone think it's horrible, scary, or mean?

What do you think, Larry? You didn't suddenly become shy, did you
grin?

I'm only shy in person. My keyboard liberates me, though.

I do not think that prolonging breathing is necessarily a good thing, au
contraire. I think living is worth while, if it is really living.
OTOH, this is a rather personal thing, so if you are willing to pay, do
as you wish. Just make sure the person is in favor of what is going to
happen to him or her.

That's precisely why the talk should be had and papers signed stating
the person's exact wishes. Note that they're amendable at any time
(second-thining your choices in the hospital with tubes in ya) by the
person who signed them. What more could a person ask for? OK,
EXcluding eternal life.

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).