Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

"Oren" wrote

I've seen in the past it might take several try's to get a set trap
'operational'. 'Course a sprung trap, allowing the mice to clean it
out will give them a false sense of security. Let 'em eat for a day or
so and then set the trap.

False trips are a part of having a hair trigger.

It took once to learn to keep my fingers clear.

Putting them vertical helps so the rodent has to reach up and really push on
it, and they're in the right position for the bar to get them. I have
screwed them on to wood, and used velcro. It helps to get the REALLY smart
ones.

Steve