Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:28:29 -0800 (PST), mike
wrote:

On Jan 21, 10:01*am, "james" wrote:
I set up a mouse trap in the garage and have caught several mice
successfully.

After several peaceful months, I found the trap tripped again and the peanut
butter all gone, but there is no mouse to be found anywhere. How is this
possible?

This is the trap I use:http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/...ictor_trap.jpg

The trap could have tripped after you set it due to vibration or a
bump. Then, the mice cleaned it out. Just try again.

I've seen in the past it might take several try's to get a set trap
'operational'. 'Course a sprung trap, allowing the mice to clean it
out will give them a false sense of security. Let 'em eat for a day or
so and then set the trap.

False trips are a part of having a hair trigger.

It took once to learn to keep my fingers clear.