Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Von Von is offline

Default Repackaging Wingers

"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 00:59:39 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

wrote:

An effort to reform health care; to bring Guantanamo prisoners
into the US prison system; and to regulate non-bank-banks and to
re-regulate commercial
bank/investment bank combinations.

And what have the Republicans done? Resisted every step of the
way, with the
help of a few conservative Democrats.

This Congress sucks worse than most, and the Democrats in
Congress suck plenty. But the irrational, ideological and
political resistance to some needed changes goes beyond
stupidity. It's reprehensible politicization of the country's
well-being. The stupidity of it is beyond belief.

America, the land of the free, where anything/one can be bought
for enough money ;-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Well, pard', the Supreme Court made it official today: Businesses
and unions can spend as much as they want to for political
campaigns, advertising, and so on. Any Congressman who makes a
deal with them now can write his own ticket.

We're for sale! How much money ya' got? We're not cheap, but the
view is great. You can see Russia from here!

I guess I just don't understand why unions and corporations have all
the rights as people and it seems more. Where is it in the
Constitution that gives them this right? Not being a constitutional
scolar I would really like to know what the rational is for this.

The news report I saw also postulated that soon the Supreme court
will give them the right to contribute directly to political
candidates, something that hasn't been allowed for over a hundred
years.

Yes I do believe you are right, in the next couple of election cycles
our goverenment will be truly bought and paid for by corporations and
we (the USA) will become a corporate state run by and for
corporations.

Von