Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default Drilling through rocks

wrote

It really depends on what kind of rock you are talking about. In Miami
it will be coral rock or limestone and a hammer drill will go right
through it. They break up coral rock with a back hoe.
I am not sure about what kind of rock Steve has in Utah. I collect
rocks from our travels out west and I have picked up everything from
soft sandstone you can drill with a pocket knife to some granite like
material that would be tough to drill with a rotary hammer.

You name it, we got it. A lot of spongy lava rock here. Lots of sandstone
type stuff. I just need to go out and drill some. Weather has just been
dreary, and rain forecast for the next few days.

I need a bigger shop.

Steve