Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It's Coming- 2nd Update

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:24:00 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

We've been getting hammered in the SF Bay Area as well.
LIghtning is a rare thing here, but this storm has produced
some pretty nice booms and rolling thunder that lasts
10 or 15 seconds. Winds gust, but nothing in the 50-60 mph
range - yet.

We don't get much "weather" in the Bay Area. But when we
do - it's a doozy - exaggerated by its rareness. Drivers
don't seem to understand that when the road conditions
change, so should their driving mode change. Accidents
everywhere - and people still don't slow down. Calfornia
drivers seem to believe that driving at 70 mph - is a
constitutional right.

We are getting heavy rains. Finally, washing away the road salt and
the lawns are greening up. When I lived in LA, when it started to
rain after months of drought, the roads would be initially very slick
with engine oil. I'll take January over July-August any day. Rainy
days are good days for woodworking anyway.