Posted to uk.d-i-y
Usenet Nutter Usenet Nutter is offline

Default Drayton Digistat +2 vs. +3

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:32:09 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message

Almost. My reading of the installation leaflets is that +2 does
indeed have the same programme for every day of the week, but +3
looks like a 5+2 day programme rather than 7 days. In other words,
it has one programme for Mon-Fri and a different one for weekends.
You can't, for example, have Tuesday different from Monday (unless
you lie about the day of the week and skew the 'weekend' setting!)

I am sure that every day can be set up differently. It just comes
pre-programmed as a 5+2 programmer.

Adam

Yes, on reading the installation maual more carefully, it looks like
you're right.

I had assumed from the 5+2 description that it worked like my Danfoss
programmer which *does* only have two programmes - one for weekdays and
one for weekends. However, that's a few years old, and things have
obviously moved on a bit in the meantime!
--
Cheers,
Roger

I wonder how many people really need to set up different times for each day?

Adam

True ...most folk will either be home each day or at work each day but
there will be some who maybe work part time and only work some days or
part of some days . The manufacturers won't know who they are the
abilty to set the programmer differently for each day is provided .
The Salus one has a " 7 Day" setting AND a "5/2 Day" setting .