Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Ice road truckers

On Jan 20, 4:26*pm, "GB" wrote:
Martin Bonner wrote:
On the OPs question, DDC discovered that a reasonably common technique
for starting a cold truck is to light a small bonfire underneath it.
They made this discovery after they fitted plastic oil-sumps (lighter,
cheaper) to their engines and then got a lot of warranty claims :-)

I've foolishly set fire to my truck. Could I have a new one please?

I don't understand their business model, but it seems that American
truck engines come with a life-time parts and labo[u]r warranty - and
the engines failing to withstand SOP like lighting a bonfire
underneath is covered.