Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Sansui Samari Sansui Samari is offline

Default Panasonic DVD-LS850 Error H03 (any idea how to fix)?

On Jan 19, 10:40*am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:29:41 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:27:16 -0800, William Brammer wrote:
If you put automotive grease on all that, it might gum up the works. I
just
noticed Mike suggested a "light oil" as did Arfa so let's all suggest a
light oil of some sort that works with plastic and metal.

Anyone remember the name of the stuff they usually use for small gears?
It's more like a cream, looks like yoghurt (it's a very light grease, I
suppose). I used to see it on things like floppy drive mechanisms all the
time.

cheers

Jules

The name Sony used to use, as I recall, was "Floil". Exactly the description
you give.

Arfa

I've used white lithium made for electronic mech lube for many years.

The white grease in electronics is usually lithium grease, but it
comes in various viscosities. Sometimes it's a little thick on
purpose, to keep it from flying off of mechanical parts and screwing
other things up. There are probably thousands of different specialty
greases and oils out there. When I worked in a board shop, we had
grease that would be good up too 900+ degrees, for lubricating the
pump in the solder bath. That stuff was awesome, but cost like $1500
a tube from Germany. It's always good to find something with the same
characteristics as the original lubricant, when possible. Although,
I've even used petroleum jelly in a pinch.

Well, there's my two cents on grease.

-J