BigWallop

Default Flue Hole

"Dave D" wrote in message
om...
Cheers Guys
I just went with the large hammer option and after 1/2 an hour of
bashing it gave in.
So now I have a lovely flue hole (I'm 3 stories up)..
So I want to seal round my flue, I dont want to have to get scaffold
put up to let me cement round the hole.
I was just going to get a pipe and fire expanding foam stuff down the
outside of the flue till I see coming out the exterior.
Is this a goer ?
What other options are there, apart from do it properly ;-)

Cheers

You can get a Flue Collar which sits around the pipe on the outside.
Depending on the size of hole and the amount of space you have around the
pipe, then the collar can be slipped on and glued or riveted just back from
the end of the pipe and then pushed through the hole. It doesn't need to
much space as the collar is very spongy. When you push it out passed the
outside of the wall, it then springs back out to its original shape and
seals the hole.

Have a web search for Flue+Collar and it should give you a few hits.