Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default It's Coming- 2nd Update

"Steve" wrote in message
. 207.159...
charlie b wrote in news:4B578280.67D9
@accesscom.com:

We've been getting hammered in the SF Bay Area as well.
LIghtning is a rare thing here, but this storm has produced
some pretty nice booms and rolling thunder that lasts
10 or 15 seconds. Winds gust, but nothing in the 50-60 mph
range - yet.

We don't get much "weather" in the Bay Area. But when we
do - it's a doozy - exaggerated by its rareness. Drivers
don't seem to understand that when the road conditions
change, so should their driving mode change. Accidents
everywhere - and people still don't slow down. Calfornia
drivers seem to believe that driving at 70 mph - is a
constitutional right.

Charlie,

I hear ya. I spoke to my son who lives in SF near Candlestick Park. He
said a crash of thunder woke him up around 3am the other night. He rides
mass transit so does not have to deal with the idiots on the road. Down
here in San Diego, they drive like maniacs regardless of the road
conditions. I try to stay off the freeways when it rains down here.

Steve

Thirty years ago they used to slow to a crawl on the freeways when it
rained. Must be a lot of newbies!