Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Pushbutton Wall Switch

On Jan 20, 4:48*pm, willshak wrote:
Ivan wrote the following:

My house, built in 1960, has several wall switches actuated by
rectangular pushbuttons that fit the same switchplates as normal
toggle switches. *One switch is now sticking.

Any idea how I can fix it?

And who sells replacements? (Home Depot does not)

I can't picture square buttons in a standard toggle switch plate. You
mean there are two small square buttons in the 3/8ths inch by 1" hole in
the switchplate?

no, I know exactly what he's talking about. It's an ivory (or other?)
colored single pushbutton, the exact size and shape of the hole in a
traditional toggle switch cover plate. Push on, push off.

My suggestion would be to buy a good toggle switch in the same color
as the other switches while searching for a replacement, 'cause I
suspect it's going to take a while. If the OP is not enamored of the
old school flavor of the house, a 10-pack of spec grade toggle
switches is likely under $20 at a good electrical supply, and then he
can sell the still-working switches that he removed and replaced on
eBay.

nate