Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete Verdon Pete Verdon is offline

Default The future of DIY

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Pete Verdon wrote:

I've been playing silly buggers with CityLink all last week

[...]
I can only pray that in a few years this sort of thing will be
history. I don't know what the solution is, but there has to be one.

The problem from the other side, is that you ship out a hundred quids
worth of gear, unsigned for, and the pikey thieving ******* at the other
end claims it never arrived.

Yep, that's part of the problem, and a solution would need to cover it.
That's why it's a difficult problem.

We always allow alternative delivery addresses for people to receive
stuff at work.

That's good. When I first started at my current job I got some things
delivered to work, but after a while the Goods Inwards people told me it
wasn't allowed. I'm fortunate in that I can work from home if I'm
expecting a delivery, but I don't like to do it too often as it does
reduce my productivity.

I must get round to asking someone more senior at work about an official
policy for personal deliveries - perhaps the Goods Inwards blokes just
make up their own rules to make their lives easier? I think it would be
better for the company all round if I can get stuff delivered there
rather than being at home, and I'm sure we handle a lot less physical
stuff these days (the "paperless office" is a reality here) so it's not
like they're snowed under with company deliveries.

Pete