Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan[_8_] Ivan[_8_] is offline

Default Pushbutton Wall Switch

On Jan 19, 10:50*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:30:29 -0800 (PST), Ivan
wrote:

My house, built in 1960, has several wall switches actuated by
rectangular pushbuttons that fit the same switchplates as normal
toggle switches. *One switch is now sticking.

Any idea how I can fix it?

And who sells replacements? (Home Depot does not)

Are they white rocker switches that run relays on 24vac (the GE RR7
system) If you have the old style switch they usually are just binding
on the cover. The newer ones are a tad smaller.

I don't believe these are for relays--I have replaced a few others in
the house with X10 switches, and they were just conventional switches
except for having a rectangular button instead of a toggle. I prefer
not to use x10 in this application, though. And the switch still
binds even with the cover removed, so that's not the problem.