Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default ghosts on digital OTA TV

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

On second thought, the digital processing should
eliminate any such effects on the RF side.

I, too, am confused. A sufficiently strong ghost should garble the
data to the point where the image is corrupted -- not duplicated.

My guess is that the "ghosting" has some other source. It might even
be in the signal itself. If the low-pass video filter is not properly
phase-equalized, there can be severe ringing on the trailing edge of
objects, which would appear as "ghosts" of vertical lines.

it could even be a coax cabling problem;some mismatch or cable defect,or
too long a cable from settop to TV.

OR the TV itself....
--
Jim Yanik