Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default ghosts on digital OTA TV

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:21:44 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

On second thought, the digital processing should
eliminate any such effects on the RF side.

I, too, am confused. A sufficiently strong ghost should garble the data to
the point where the image is corrupted -- not duplicated.

My guess is that the "ghosting" has some other source. It might even be in
the signal itself. If the low-pass video filter is not properly
phase-equalized, there can be severe ringing on the trailing edge of
objects, which would appear as "ghosts" of vertical lines.

Is the trailing edge on the left side or the right side?