Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Charging Lithium batteries

On 20/01/2010 16:30, dent wrote:
On 20 Jan, 15:54, wrote:
Can Lithium AA batteries be charged in a normal charger?

The only rechargeable ones I can think of that are close to AA (the
14500 cell) are 3.6V and need a special charger.

dan.

And I have a torch that can use anything from 1.2 to 4.5 volts (or
something like that). Can run on rechargeable or primary cells,
alkaline, NiMH or Lithium - so long as they are AA size. But what I
don't seem able to find out is whether there is anything to be gained by
using 14500 lithium cells.

I really don't want to buy another charger unless there is a significant
gain. (Especially as many of the cheaper ones have US plugs.) Like last
much longer. Remain charged for ever. Provide higher current. Anyone
tell me?

14500 cells, chargers and 'flashlights' he

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.14500#400

--
Rod