Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Beryl[_5_] Beryl[_5_] is offline

Default OT-Scientists Admit GW blunders

anorton wrote:
"Buerste" wrote in message
"anorton" wrote in message
m...
snip

This is by no means an indication of science abandoning AGW. This is a
prime example of science policing itself to find the truth as best it
can. When a lazy, overzealous technocrat gets things wrong, he is called
on it. Of course this should have been caught earlier in a peer review
process, and I assume they will be improving that process.

On the other hand all the anti-AGW crap on the internet (such as the
Petition Project) that has been debunked many times as fraudulent still
stays on the web and commentators and bloggers still cite it.

Policing itself? I don't THINK so! THEY---GOT---CAUGHT!!! But, I give
you credit, It takes a lot of guts to stay on the sinking ship. Stupid,
but a lot of guts!

No, read the full cited link. It was other scientists in the field who blew
the whistle, and now the IPCC is owning up to the error and correcting the
report. No AGW denier ever corrects anything.

Another article...
has the following from one of the whistle blowers. Note his final words.
-----------
Meanwhile, in an interview with the news agency AFP, Georg Kaser from
the University of Innsbruck in Austria - who led a different portion of
the AR4 process - said he had warned that the 2035 figure was wrong in
2006, before AR4's publication.

"It is so wrong that it is not even worth discussing," he told AFP in an
interview.

He said that people working on the Asia chapter "did not react".

He suggested that some of the IPCC's working practices should be revised
by the time work begins on its next landmark report, due in 2013.

But its overall conclusion that global warming is "unequivocal" remains
beyond reproach, he said.