Posted to uk.d-i-y
JJ[_11_] JJ[_11_] is offline

Default radial or ring?

radial (without RCD?) for the fridge/freezer so it doesnt trip out.

A good point, one that I thought about.

The old kitchen was on an RCBO# and never tripped once in 2 years.

My reading of the regs is that if there are sockets on the ring (and
there will be) then I *must* have RCD protection hence the RCBO.

A separate non RCD circuit for fridge freezer *is* allowed on the regs
as far as I can tell - but I thought with modern equipment that is not
really a likely issue anymore...... is it? I mean I thought it was
only the older fridges where the compressors had a habit of tripping
the newer ones do not..?

# I actually have a bank of RCBOs instead of split box, my choice
though I feel sorry for the sparky who will need to individually
remove them for insulation tests (but he'll charge me for time taken
anyhow). If only my BCO would accept that they are actually
responsible for paying for the checks...