Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default It's Coming- 1st Update

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:03:16 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

The rains got here, about 2" outside my window, other places more.

The mud slides have started.

One guy had 7 ft of mud that slid into his back yard which he needs to
get out before next rain tomorrow lest he finds the whole house under
mud from the next rain.

Estimate 25 dump truck loads will do it.

Have no clue where they will haul it.

2nd storm comes in on Tuesday.

Stay tuned.

We were supposed to be hit by those up here but so far, it has been
less than 1/4 inch. Just a few very minor sprinkles have hit so far
today. I heard the wind gust twice yesterday, maybe 12 knots, not the
43mph gusts they predicted for us. Don't get me wrong: I'm -glad- it
hasn't hit us...yet.

My buddy in LoCal said that the Homey Despots and Blowes are all out
of sandbags. I told him if worse comes to worst, he and his wife can
just jump into his C-Dory in the side yard and either tether there or
float safely out to sea until the storms stop.

Good luck, guys. Now's a good time to start practicing holding your
breath. gd&r

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.