Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Charlie Smith Charlie Smith is offline

Default LED Instrument Panel V2.0- Thread Ended

How many times have you been told that PWM'ing (without an inductor)
DOES NOT use any less power than the linear regulators that John
Fields and I have presented?

And PWM'ing creates EMI.

Ignorance simply means "without knowledge"... not bad in itself... but
if you adhere to doing it your way when you've been told by experts
that there is no advantage, you graduate to stupid ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Tell you what Jim, we've been over these issues too often. I've tried to be
as courteous as I can since I do appreciate the feedback and it has helped
make a more robust design. But wink or not, this thread is ended when you
resort to that kind of insinuation. You can go back to your regulars here
for that kind of conversation. I refuse to participate.

The shipment from Newark will arrive tomorrow and I may pop back in and let
you know how it worked out. And experts? The one expert in this forum
who's opinion I respect didn't have an issue with EMI. So I won't either.

End of debate.