Posted to misc.consumers.house
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default CFL Failure

In article , wrote:
I have a total of 120 CFL's installed, from 2 in bath #5 to 22 in the
library. There have been 2 failures in over 7 years. One in basement
that is on 24/7 and the other in the master bath that cycles probably
6-8 times per day.
I have 35 of the 23W installed and 85 of the 13W. The 13W figure
includes the bug lights in the outdoor bracket lights and the pole
lights, total of 11 of the 13W.
The 23W are all Sylvania, the 13W are a mix of Bright Effects
(Lowe's), Commercial Electric (Home Depot), and 4 G.E. (source
unknown). All, regardless of branding, are labeled "Made in China".

I have had some lousy ones from 1000 Bulbs. They sell different brands, so I
guess I just got unlucky. I get good service from GE.

greg