Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage door is leaking water from the bottom (but it has a gasket)

Patricia Wilson wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:30:56 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03 wrote:

There are "garage door threshold" kits that have a piece that goes on
the door and a piece that goes on the door which claim to stop water
infiltration. Google "garage door threshold" for options.

I see options from 30 dollars to 800 dollars!
http://www.carguygarage.com/gadoth.html

There seem to be two related seals:
1. Garage Door bottom seals (mounts on the bottom of the door)
2. Garage Door threshold seals (mount on the garage floor)

The price range for a ten-foot length is huge! Is there a consensus on what
kinds are best?

I'm looking, for starters, at this one from Amazon, in the middle range at
$109 for 16 feet. http://tinyurl.com/ybgvune

Is there a good buying guide that can tell me if PVC is better or worse
than rubber or aluminum or the other squishy materials?

You can try one of those but as others have already said the solution is
to either cut a drain or re-profile the drive so there is not a downhill
slope directly into the garage from the drive.

This should not have been done initially; if the house is new I'd go
back to the contractor for the fix.