Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Panasonic DVD-LS850 Error H03 (any idea how to fix)?

Tony Hwang wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

sharon wrote:

I bought a Panasonic DVD-LS850 and it came up with the Panasonic Error 02
within the Costco 90-day warrantee period. Now the new Panasonic DVDLS850
portable DVD player comes up with Panasonic Error H03.

When I put a movie DVD into the Panasonic DVD LS-850, it says "Reading" and
then "Error H03". The motor does not seem to spin. Nothing plays.

Any ideas what the problem is with this Panasonic DVD LS850 dvd player?

The fix is pretty simple - Don't buy Panasonic or any other Matsu****a
brands. I've had extensive experience with a lot of their equipment and
similar equipment from more reputable companies like Sony, Hitachi, etc.
and have found the Matsu****a brands have problems at 100X+ the rate of
other brands.

Hmmm,
Quite opposite here I had lots of grief with Sony, no trouble with
Panasonic. My HT has Panasonic Plasma, Blue ray player. Never had trouble.

Well, you've been lucky, or I've been unlucky. Much of the experience
was with the industrial video lines of the various companies, and with
Panasonic I had problems with stuff new out of the box while the Sony
equivalent that has 4 years of being beat around in the field was still
working flawlessly. My experience wasn't limited to just industrial
video however, and I have had problems with such items as Panasonic
phone system components, OEM computer monitors in industrial CNC
controls, etc. I avoid all Matsu****a like the plague now.