Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bg bg is offline

Default Religious information

BillW50 wrote in message ...
Rich Webb wrote on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:22:13 -0500:
All religion is superstitious nonsense. It's a tautology.

Sadly the same can be said of science as well. Unlike to popular belief,
science never proves anything. All it provides is theories. And in time,
theories which is often replaced by other theories. And the cycles
repeats itself while never ending. And I find science as the broken
promise and is simply a failure.

And what is claimed as science isn't really science at all. As old
beliefs prevents true science from emerging. Also if there is no money
in it, those things are not researched. That is very poor science as
there are lots of things that could be learned that isn't.

Thus sad to say, science and religion has a lot in common actually.

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

Monkeys and humans also have alot in common, but the differences put us
worlds apart.
The only thing that religion and science have in common is that, they both
try to provide an explanation for the world around us. Science at least
tries to explain the natural world with theories to support the reasoning ,
whereas religion turns everything into a supernatural explanation, and then
threatens you with hell if you don't believe it. Science is a threat to
religion, and that is why religion has a long history of persecuting anyone
that dares to question their viewpoint. Religion has, and always will, be a
roadblock to scientific discovery. The two have nearly nothing in common.
As far as the Mayans are concerned, it would have been impossible for them
to accumulate the amount of knowledge that we have now. The tools didn't
exist, and I would be very surprised if the world's space agencies would
have bothered to launch space probes if all they needed to do was consult
the Mayan science journals.