Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default Off Topic: Organization Software?

On Jan 18, 11:36*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
I am appealing to the collective wisdom (and possible software knowledge) of
the Wreck.

I find myself in the midth of a large number of projects, both work related
and personal. They are have a lot of details that need to be updated on a
regular basis. All my "job pads" are taking up a lot of space and rarely are
up to date. *I, by nature, hate calanders and daily planners.

I don't need a calander, a planner or project manager. What I need is some
way to keep track of multiple activities and update them on a semi regular
basis. And ideally this would run on a computer. *It can be simple.

I just need some way to make a lot of lists and keep them current. *I don't
need to include outside parties. *Just me and my projects. *Some way to
write down needed details and update them constantly.

Is there such a thing? Can this be adapted from something? *I want off the
shelf and reasonable price. Will a shareware program work?

Paper approaches don't seem to work. *It gets stacked up somewhere and when
I find it again, it is hopelessy out of date. And updating multiple paper
lists can be a chore. Particularyif they are in differentlocations.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

I've fount that if you don't use paper methods of organization you
won't use "automated" methods either. Computers just mess things up
faster.