Erik

Default OT? can drywall be used in place of suspended ceiling tiles?

Another point AGAINST sheetrock ceiling - In a home theater the acoustics off of
a sheetrock ceiling may be undesirable.
I have seen carpet squares glued to the ceiling, open celled foam and carpet
hung from a ceiling. All to prevent sound from bouncing off of to many walls. A
"hard-lid" like sheetrock would only accentuate the cross sound problems.
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite

"Michael S." wrote in message
Sorry, but could not locate a ng about remodeling. I am going to create a
home theater room in the basement and due to the subwoofage, regular 2x2 ft.
suspended ceiling tile will vibrate and needs to be topped with random
pieces of drywall. As a money-saving shortcut, would it be possible to cut
2x2 ft. pieces of half inch drywall and use in the place of ceiling tile in
a suspended ceiling?? TIA

Michael S.