Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
karchiba karchiba is offline

Default PICTURES of Clausing 6913 lathe, now in my garage

On Jan 19, 7:51*am, Pete Keillor wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:49:51 -0600, Ignoramus5493

wrote:
It took me 2 hours to unload it from my trailer and to put it in its
intended place. Lack of forklift or suitable crane hampered the
progress a little bit. My kids (8 and 4) helped a little bit.

Pictures are he

*http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Clau...-At-My-Garage/

includes picture of what I think is a taper attachment.

The pictures do not show the four jaw chuck and two buckets of
misc tooling.

I already know one issue with this lathe (besides being dirty), which
I want to discuss separately. It is not without problems, though, I
hope, they are solvable.

It's definitely a taper attachment. *There may be some stuff missing,
hopefully in your parts buckets. *I'd expect some sort of cover for
the cross slide dovetail and a clamp to lock the taper attachment to
the lathe bed way during use. *Maybe someone has a parts diagram.

I hope it cleans up and runs nice for you.

Pete Keillor

Iggy:

I have 2 Clausing 5913's (which are very similar to your 6913). I can
provide you with a parts diagram, to get an idea as to what is missing
from your machine.

They are excellent machines. And with the Flame Hardened beds, they
are pretty resistant to wear.

_kevin