Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default The future of DIY

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Pete Verdon wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
geraldthehamster wrote:

The problem I have with ordering stuff from Screwfix, Toolstation
etc. online is the need to be at home to take delivery and sign
for things.

This is an issue internet retailers need to address.

Abso-bloody-lutely. I've been playing silly buggers with CityLink all
last week, during which I was actually at home all but Monday.
According to the website my parcel has been on and off the van
several times, but never actually made it to my house until today.
When of course I was back at work. Since they've now tried twice
(Monday they dropped off one of the two packages in the consignment
with a neighbour) I have to get myself over to Fareham to pick it up.

I can only pray that in a few years this sort of thing will be
history. I don't know what the solution is, but there has to be one.

The problem from the other side, is that you ship out a hundred quids
worth of gear, unsigned for, and the pikey thieving ******* at the
other end claims it never arrived.

Quite a few years ago SWMBO answered to door to a local CID constable. He
wanted to know if she ever ordered from the catalogues like John Moores,
Grattons etc.

Apparently there was a gang following the delivery van & whenever a parcel
was left in the porch or on the doorstep they would nick it. Highly
organised racket from the sound of it.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk