mttt

Default OT? can drywall be used in place of suspended ceiling tiles?

"Michael S." wrote in message

Sorry, but could not locate a ng about remodeling. I am going to create a
home theater room in the basement and due to the subwoofage, regular 2x2

ft.

Plenty of home theater newsgroups. Here's what I did in mine.
1) Run four times as many wires as you think you'll ever need
2) Design cable runs (large conduits) in case you need more
3) Put up a product called SoundBoard first
4) Drywall the ceiling

Soundboard is amazing stuff. Our HT is in the basement under the kitchen.
Really does a great job of knocking down the highs. Sub freq's are very
expensive to remove, but SoundBoard does reduce them slightly.

I assume you were thinking tiles in case you needed to run more wires. My
cable run took care of most of my worry.