Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Pressure Coolant System

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:19:22 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:54:09 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:33:37 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ignoramus5493" wrote in message
news:dYKdnZzG_ey5W8nWnZ2dnUVZ_uti4p2d@giganew s.com...
Bob, with pumps so cheap, why do you want a air pressure based system?

Can't use a water based coolant. Can not. Will destroy mill. Water
based
is not an option.

'yes and? Pumps will pump other stuff than water.......G

I am not seeing one rated for oil or other petro chemicals for less than a
couple hundred bucks for just the pump. Tank, filters, etc are extra.
Not
sure what cheap pumps people are talking about. Any ole water pump will
work for a water soluble coolant. Probably could use a cheap swamp cooler
pump for those coolants. Used to be about $9 whole dollars retail for the
economy ones when I was in the hardware business. A good one was less
than
20.

A basic swamp cooler pump will run cutting oil (not tapping oil) just
fine.

Really. What SUS oil will a swamp cooler pump manage? LOL.

I'm actually getting really frustrated with this whole thing.

Shrug...do as you choose Bob. Everybody is free to set up their shop as
they choose.

As for me..shrug..one of my lathes and one of the mills have $19 swamp
cooler pumps on them and they gush out rather nicely. Head is about 3
feet and length is about 5-6 feet.

Castrol Ilocut goes through them nicely. I have about 40 gallons of the
stuff, compliments of a company after a Westec about 8 yrs ago. I
believe its about SAE10 weight. Maybe 5 weight.

Shrug. Keep us posted on your pressure oiler. It does sound interesting.

Gunner

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474