Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Pressure Coolant System

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:54:09 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:33:37 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ignoramus5493" wrote in message
news:dYKdnZzG_ey5W8nWnZ2dnUVZ_uti4p2d@giganews .com...
Bob, with pumps so cheap, why do you want a air pressure based system?

Can't use a water based coolant. Can not. Will destroy mill. Water
based
is not an option.

'yes and? Pumps will pump other stuff than water.......G

I am not seeing one rated for oil or other petro chemicals for less than a
couple hundred bucks for just the pump. Tank, filters, etc are extra.
Not
sure what cheap pumps people are talking about. Any ole water pump will
work for a water soluble coolant. Probably could use a cheap swamp cooler
pump for those coolants. Used to be about $9 whole dollars retail for the
economy ones when I was in the hardware business. A good one was less
than
20.

A basic swamp cooler pump will run cutting oil (not tapping oil) just
fine.

Really. What SUS oil will a swamp cooler pump manage? LOL.

I'm actually getting really frustrated with this whole thing.