Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air Pressure Coolant System

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:54:09 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:33:37 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Ignoramus5493" wrote in message
news:dYKdnZzG_ey5W8nWnZ2dnUVZ_uti4p2d@giganews. com...
Bob, with pumps so cheap, why do you want a air pressure based system?

Can't use a water based coolant. Can not. Will destroy mill. Water
based
is not an option.

'yes and? Pumps will pump other stuff than water.......G

I am not seeing one rated for oil or other petro chemicals for less than a
couple hundred bucks for just the pump. Tank, filters, etc are extra. Not
sure what cheap pumps people are talking about. Any ole water pump will
work for a water soluble coolant. Probably could use a cheap swamp cooler
pump for those coolants. Used to be about $9 whole dollars retail for the
economy ones when I was in the hardware business. A good one was less than
20.

A basic swamp cooler pump will run cutting oil (not tapping oil) just
fine.

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766