Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Steam Gauge

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:04:41 -0800, Pilgrim wrote:

I have an antique steam gauge well over 100 years old. I need to remove
the bezel to clean the inside of the glass. It is threaded on. I tried
Kroil to no avail. I have a flex heat strip around the threaded area and
have heated it for several hours. Again to no avail. It seems that over
the years oil has seeped into the threads and turned to varnish. Any
suggestions? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck P.

More time? I always screw up the patience thing, and end up with broken
bits that show me how I could have done it right with a bit more care.

--
www.wescottdesign.com