Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default Panasonic DVD-LS850 Error H03 (any idea how to fix)?

In article ,
sharon wrote:
I bought a Panasonic DVD-LS850 and it came up with the Panasonic Error 02
within the Costco 90-day warrantee period. Now the new Panasonic DVDLS850
portable DVD player comes up with Panasonic Error H03.

When I put a movie DVD into the Panasonic DVD LS-850, it says "Reading" and
then "Error H03". The motor does not seem to spin. Nothing plays.

Any ideas what the problem is with this Panasonic DVD LS850 dvd player?

H03 means the laser sled is stuck.

The sled motor may have failed, or more likely the sled which moves the
optical pickup is gunked up with dried lubricant.

Slide it back and forth see if it comes free. If it does, try re-lube
with light oil.