Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Dado Jig - Router_Dado.JPG

On 1/17/2010 11:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:34:21 -0600, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 1/17/2010 6:27 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:07:30 -0600, wrote:
If a dado stack was going to splinter, it would have done it with this
stuff .. stack was 4 years old when this was cut and had never been
sharpened.

That's pretty good. You sure you didn't sneak in a quick swipe with a
sanding block?

Nope, but hey ... if you can fix tear out with a quick swipe of a
sanding block like that, I'll take it any day!

Actually, these were test cuts for both depth and width in a piece of
scrap that I'd saved as "setup blocks" so I could repeat a sacrificial
fence setting on another project.

Do you score the cuts before dadoing?

Have never needed to ... buy only quality blades, designed for the
specific task, so that I don't have waste time doing things like that.
My other dado stack is an older Amana set, with shims, that was top of
the line when purchased years ago.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08