Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Carpentry work just two weeks ago

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:40:12 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"EXT" wrote:

That's not the way I want to go, I saw my father-in-law take 8
months to die, little by little bit, in a nursing home. We tried to
care for him in our home over a weekend. Just about killed our backs
lifting him up from bed so he could go to the bathroom. We just
couldn't do it for more than the weekend.

Nursing facilities use what I laughingly call an electrically operated
"jib crane", to lift people either from or back into bed.

Not something you are likely to have at home.

My HF 1T crane is _just_like_ those, but not nearly as fancy as a Liko
or Hoyer. It's far cheaper, tho. titter

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.