Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Show Me Your TS Cross Cut Sled

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:41:37 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

Alrighty... I started on my cross cut sled.

There was an article in FWW (?) years ago about squaring the fence (it
might have been "methods of work" or something simliar).

Once the sled is complete except for the back fence:

Attach the fence on one side with a screw so that it's free to swivel.
Then swivel it away from the assembly.

Attach a piece of 1/4" plywood to the left side of the table of the
sled, so that it extends an inch or so to the right of the blade. They
used screws through the bottom of the table of the sled, upward into
the ply.

Run the sled through the balde, and remove the plywood waste.

Use a good framing square, set up against the 1/4 plywood, and align
the back fence to the sqaure. Temporarily clamp/attach the back
fence, and run the sled through the blade again. Then make the usual
test cuts and check for square. Make the micro-asjustments, then
finalize the fence attachment and remove the plywood.

Seemed to work good.

-Zz