Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Laser guide for press brake in DropBox

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I added a laser guide to my press brake:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/LaserGuide.pdf

Please excuse the on topic post.

Because you are a nice guy, we will let you off lightly this time. Nice!

A while back I had a .62 underhammer that shot too far to the left or was it right. It
looked terrible. Front site on one side of barrel, rear, on opposite side.

We tried bending it by clamping the barrel over two blocks one near the muzzle and the
other near the breach using a strap clamp to bend it in the middle. To gage what we were
doing, we put a laser level on a flat pointing out the garage to a big sheet of cardboard
across the yard. That way we could keep ratcheting up how much we bent it followed by
relaxing it looking for a set. It didn't work, I was afraid we would pull the tee slot
out of my bridgeport table before the barrel bent. Ended up clocking the barrel, plugging
the dovetails for sights and cutting new dovetails 90 degrees rotated.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller